5 Reasons you should Join a Credit Union
1. Credit Unions have been very successful in helping members to manage their personal finances by providing regular educational programmes. These sessions help to guide and direct members on how to use the resources to their best advantage.
2. Credit Unions exist to serve their members and communities. As not-for-profit Co-operative institutions, Credit Unions use excess earnings to offer members more affordable loans, a higher return on savings, lower fees or new products and services. They serve members from all walks of life, including the poor and disenfranchised.
3. Credit Unions promote the welfare of the community by creating a source of credit for the benefit of members at a fair and reasonable rate of interest.
4. When you join a Credit Union you become not only a member but also a part owner. You share in any surplus that is earned annually. Members choose from a wide range of financial services in a safe, convenient and friendly atmosphere.
5. Life insurance coverage is in place for members’ savings and loans from their Credit Unions, usually that is at no cost to the member.
How Can I Join A Credit Union?
Credit Unions are open to all persons who will want to join, regardless of your class, creed or colour. You can choose one that suits your needs. There are some that are open to the public, while others are affiliated with an occupation or religion.
Once you select one that suits your needs, visit their office and inquire about it's financial policies and benefits.
Copyright © 2018 Antigua & Barbuda Co-operative League Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Tel (268) 462-9117